Who we are
- We are the only funder solely dedicated to the communication needs of people with disabilities. We are continually learning and developing our knowledge in this field to best support it. At the core of our mission is the recognition of the diversity and unique capabilities of people with disabilities.
- Ability Central is looking to expand our collaboration with the disability community, our grantees, and other funders who are passionate about serving people with disabilities.
- We believe the ability to communicate is a fundamental human right and our quest is to ensure that more people enjoy this right fully. Ability Central also speaks to our role as an ally, a convener, and a funder as we foster collaboration and serve as a resource hub to the disability community.
Jessie Galloway, Associate Program Officer
Our Advisory Group consists of dedicated individuals with disabilities and/or individuals with strong ties to the field of disability & communication.
- Katie Murphy
- Troy Plunkett
- Eli Weil
- David Weiss
- Diana Ugalde
- Michelle Yook
- Juan Zepeda
board of directors
Ability Central’s Board of Directors consists of dedicated individuals that have strong ties in the disability community.
- James Gilroy, Chair
- Charlotte Harper, Secretary
- Jesus Gonzalez, Director
- Tim Jin, Director
- Cristina Rubke, Director
- Dr. Philip Prinz, Director
- Walter Raineri, Director
- Sarah Slaughter, Director
- Celia CJ Solis, Director
- Barry Saudan, President & CEO
- To promote the expansion of quality communications access programs and services to individuals with disabilities.
- To strengthen the sector of providers of communications access for people with disabilities.
- To educate other grantmakers about the communications access needs of people with disabilities.