The mission of Disability Communications Fund (DCF) is to serve as an educator, convener and resource that works collaboratively to ensure communications access to people with disabilities in California. DCF supports programs and technology that benefit communication and information access needs of Californians with disabilities. The Discretionary Events Fund is intended to support events in the disability field that align with DCF’s mission.
Available Funds & Award Amounts:
· An organization can only receive one award per Fiscal Year, ranging from $1,000 to $10,000.
· DCF has a total of $50,000 to award in the 2018-2019 rolling cycle.
· Applications are accepted year-round.
· Applicants need to submit a formal application in DCF’s online grants management system.
· The funding decision will be announced no later than 6 weeks after the application is received.
Eligibility & Purpose:
· Agencies eligible for consideration must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as 501(c)(3) public charities, including schools, universities and governmental units.
· Applying events should complement DCF’s mission to promote access to communication and information for individuals with disabilities in California.
· Funding is intended to support an organization in hosting a topic-based workshop or conference. Fundraising events are not eligible.
· Event must take place within 6 months of the request for funding.
Before you start an application for DCF event funding, please carefully review the funding guidelines. For additional questions about the DCF event funding or application process please contact DCF staff at (800) 240-6182 or email@example.com.