The Discretionary Events Fund is intended to support events in the disability field that ensure and improve communications access to people with disabilities in California. The Discretionary Events Fund allows Ability Central to be more flexible and responsive to event-related requests throughout the year, instead of tying it to the regular, once-a-year, multi-step application process of our traditional grantmaking cycle.
AVAILABLE FUNDS & AWARD AMOUNTS:
· An organization can only receive one award per Fiscal Year, ranging from $1,000 to $10,000.
· Ability Central has a total of $50,000 to award in the 2019-2020 rolling cycle.
· Applications are accepted year-round.
· Applicants need to submit a formal application in Ability Central’s online grants management system
· The funding decision will be announced no later than six (6) weeks after the application is received.
ELIGIBILITY & PURPOSE:
· Agencies eligible for consideration must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as 501(c)(3) public charities, including schools, universities and governmental units.
· Applying events should complement Ability Central’s mission to promote access to communication and information for individuals with disabilities in California.
· Funding is intended to support an organization in hosting a topic-based workshop or conference. Fundraising events are not eligible.
· Event must take place within 6 months of the request for funding.
Before you start an application for Ability Central event funding, please carefully review the funding guidelines. For additional questions about the Ability Central event funding or application process please contact Ability Central staff at (800) 240-6182 or email@example.com.